Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., Magna cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2007
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2000, (sociology)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Amy Kosanovich Dickerson
Amy Kosanovich Dickerson is a partner in the Education Law Practice Group at Franczek P.C.
Amy represents educational institutions, including public school districts, charter schools, private schools, and higher education institutions, in a variety of education law matters. Amy primarily counsels clients in student and labor and employment issues including student rights, student discipline, special education, Title IX investigations, employee and teacher evaluation, employee discipline and dismissal, and policy and governance issues.
Prior to joining the Firm, Amy served as the law clerk for the Honorable Morton Denlow, U.S. Magistrate Judge, Northern District of Illinois. During law school, Amy was a Child Law Fellow with the Civitas ChildLaw Center, the executive editor of student articles for the school’s Law Journal, and senior editor of the Children’s Legal Rights Journal. Amy received awards for Leadership, Service and Pro Bono Recognition while at Loyola, and awards for highest grade in Constitutional Law, Legal Writing, and Family Law. Prior to attending law school, Amy taught fifth and sixth grades in the District of Columbia Public School System as a Teach for America Corps Member.
Amy has been recognized by Leading Lawyers since 2015. Amy is an active member of the Illinois Council of School Attorneys and the National Council of School Attorneys and frequently speaks on education law topics at various bar association and school administrator association events. She is also a member of the American, Illinois State, and Chicago Bar Associations. She has served as a faculty member for Loyola’s Childlaw Trial Practice course, and has previously served as a legal writing professor.
Amy participates in various community interest initiatives with Franczek, including leading the Firm’s Education Law Practicum program with Loyola University Chicago School of Law. Amy enjoys being outdoors and spending time with her family, including her twin daughters and twin sons.
- “Rules of the Game,” American School Board Journal, July/August 2013
- “No Such Thing As A Free Aide: The Risks Associated With Parent-Paid Providers on School Grounds,” Inquiry & Analysis, April 2012
- “Education Reform in Illinois: Making Performance Count,” Illinois Public Employee Relations Report, Winter 2012 (co-author)
“One Family in Two Courts: Coordination in Illinois’ Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts,” Loyola University of Chicago Law Journal, 2006
- Record Student Homelessness Rates Warrant Refresher on Applicable Rules
- Four Things to Consider Before Disclosing Student Information in an Emergency
- Draft Proposed Title IX Regulations Hint at Significant Changes
- View All »
- Franczek Partner Amy Dickerson to Present at the 2019 Education Law: A Year in Review
- Webinar: Board Member Basics
- Amy Dickerson and Jackie Wernz to Present at ED-RED
- Webinar: ESSA Arts Indicator: A Report and Recommendation to ISBE What Are the Implications for Local Districts?
- Webinar: IEP Season Is Coming... Are You Ready?
- View All »