Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., Chicago Kent College of Law, 2007
- M.A., Loyola University Chicago, 1999 (political science)
- B.A., Augustana College, 1994 (government and international affairs)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Scott R. Metcalf
Scott’s practice covers a broad range of matters within the fields of property tax litigation and school business operations. He also represents and advises clients in real estate transfers, tax exemptions, leases, contracts, bidding issues, construction litigation, and detachment cases.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott specialized in public finance and tax matters at the Civic Federation, a nonprofit government research organization. Scott authored numerous reports for the Federation, including the 2009 publication Cook County Property Tax Appeals: A Primer on the Appeals Process.
Scott co-authored with Franczek Radelet attorney Ares Dalianis the chapter entitled “Property Tax Litigation” in Real Estate Litigation (2013), an Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education publication, and the article “Identifying and Mitigating Sources of School Revenue Erosion” published in the September 2009 issue of School Business Affairs. Scott also regularly presents on bidding, contract, and property tax issues at a wide variety of events.
Scott was raised in South Dakota and enjoys the great outdoors. He looks forward to an annual trip involving either hiking in the mountains or canoeing in remote rivers.
Representative Experience click to view
- GIS Venture v. Novak II, 2014 IL App (2d) 103244
- Lake Co. Board of Review v. PTAB and Onwentsia Club, 2013 IL App (2d) 120429
- John J. Moroney & Co. v. PTAB and Argo Community High School District No. 217, 2013 IL App (1st) 120493
- Committee of Ten for Petition to Detach from District 202 v. Regional Board of School Trustees of Will County, 2013 IL App (3d) 120252-U
- Board of Education of Marquardt School District No. 15 v. Regional Board of School Trustees of DuPage County, 2012 IL App (2d) 110360
- 2015 Property Tax Levies Will Be Limited to 0.8% Growth
- Time Limit on Filing Certain Construction Lawsuits Extended
- PTAB Issues Decision in Long-Running Open Space Assessment Battle
- View All »