Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., Chicago Kent College of Law, 2007
- M.A., Loyola University Chicago, 1999 (political science)
- B.A., Augustana College, 1994 (government and international affairs)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Scott R. Metcalf
Scott’s practice covers a broad range of matters within the fields of property tax litigation and school business operations. He also represents and advises clients in real estate transfers, tax exemptions, leases, contracts, bidding issues, construction litigation, and detachment cases.
Scott has authored and co-authored numerous reports and articles on public finance and school funding. He co-authored the chapter entitled “Property Tax Litigation” in Real Estate Litigation (2013), an Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education publication. Recently, the article “Capturing All Your Revenue” was published in the Winter 2015 issue of the IASBO Update.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott was Vice President of the Civic Federation, where he worked on a wide range of public finance and tax matters.
Representative Experience click to view
- GIS Venture v. Novak II, 2014 IL App (2d) 103244
- Lake Co. Board of Review v. PTAB and Onwentsia Club, 2013 IL App (2d) 120429
- John J. Moroney & Co. v. PTAB and Argo Community High School District No. 217, 2013 IL App (1st) 120493
- Committee of Ten for Petition to Detach from District 202 v. Regional Board of School Trustees of Will County, 2013 IL App (3d) 120252-U
- Board of Education of Marquardt School District No. 15 v. Regional Board of School Trustees of DuPage County, 2012 IL App (2d) 110360
- 2016 Property Tax Levies Will Be Limited by CPI-U factor of 0.7%
- Additional Analysis of Illinois Appellate Court Decision Finding Hospital Property Tax Exemption Unconstitutional
- Recent Article Highlights Strategies to Maximize School District Revenue
- View All »