Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law, magna cum laude (1977)
- B.A., Princeton University (1970)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
J. Todd Faulkner
Todd is a founding partner of the firm and is a partner in the Education Law Practice Group at Franczek P.C.
Throughout his legal career Todd has concentrated on the practice of education law. He serves as general counsel to many of the firm’s school district clients and has written a number of pieces on education law, some of which include: Formal Dismissal Procedures Under Illinois Teacher Tenure Laws, published by the Illinois Association of School Boards, and newsletters for the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Association of School Boards. He co-authored the chapter entitled "School Board Practices, Procedures, and Elections" in the 2012 and 2010 edition of Illinois School Law: Organization, Finance & Property published by the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE). In 2017, Todd was named an Advisory Board Member for Law Bulletin Publishing's Leading and Emerging Lawyers.
Prior to the firm's formation, Todd was a partner at the law firm of Klein Thorpe & Jenkins, where he practiced for seventeen years (1977–1994). Before entering law school, Todd was employed as an assistant in the superintendent’s office of a large suburban Chicago high school district (1971–1974), where his primary responsibilities included drafting school board policies, school district reorganization and public relations. He graduated magna cum laude from DePaul University College of Law in 1977. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Princeton University in 1970.
- Update: Application of New Tenure Rules Under PERA
- IIllinois Legislature Grants Recall Rights to “Grouping 2” Teachers with One Needs Improvement Evaluation Rating
- Effective January 1, 2014: Amendments to Tenure, RIF and Impasse Bargaining Provisions of Senate Bill 7
- View All »