We are privileged to represent wide range of nonprofit organizations, including landmark Chicago-area civic and cultural organizations, national charities, professional associations, and a wide range of educational institutions. We understand the unique needs and cultures of nonprofit organizations and how those relate to labor and employee relations matters. Examples of our work for nonprofit entities include:
- Representing nonprofit entities in high-profile labor negotiations and labor disputes, including strikes and picketing;
- Training nonprofit boards, leadership and HR staff on preventing workplace harassment, promoting equity, and other employee-related matters;
- Developing employment policies and handbooks tailored to the unique needs of nonprofit employers;
- Representing nonprofit entities in a wide range of litigation matters including both employment-related disputes and other matters such as the application of the Freedom of Information Act to entities that contract with governmental bodies;
- Providing day-to-day counseling for nonprofit entities on a wide range of labor and employment matters including discipline, performance management, and leave and accommodation issues.