Diversity & Inclusion
Statement of Principle
Franczek P.C. is unconditionally committed to the goal of diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We value highly the varied perspectives and experiences which are found only in a diverse workplace. Our firm recognizes that diversity and inclusion makes for a broader, richer environment which produces more creative thinking, resulting in more effective business solutions for the firm and its clients. Thus we believe that promoting diversity and inclusion is essential to the success of our business.
Our Definition of Diversity
Diversity at Franczek means inclusion of employees of different race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, cultural and ethnic background, ability, nationality and other unique attributes that do not interfere with effective job performance and superior client service.
Part of this commitment includes fostering an environment in which lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) employees have the opportunity to thrive, and we fully support those who wish to self-identify. We also fully support those who wish to uphold their right to privacy and will maintain confidentiality.
How We Achieve Diversity and Inclusion
Maintaining and expanding the diversity of the firm’s attorneys and staff is a central tenet of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy and will be achieved through:
- Diversity Committee – An attorney-staff firm Diversity Committee, chaired by the firm’s Diversity Officer, focuses on promoting firm diversity, supporting ongoing diversity initiatives and policies, and developing additional diversity outreach both internally and externally.
- Training and compliance – Regularly communicating the firm’s Diversity Policy and its underlying rationale and values to all shareholders and employees; Full compliance is a condition of employment by the firm;
- Recruitment – Actively recruiting from a diverse attorney and staff pool;
- Retention – Maintaining an effective orientation program and mentoring practices for all new attorneys and staff;
- Work Assignment – Ensuring that all attorneys and staff receive challenging work assignments and that all attorneys receive client exposure opportunities consistent with their demonstrated skill and ability; and
- Firm Leadership – Seeking to include a diverse group in firm leadership and management.
The Firm’s Diversity Officer
The firm’s Diversity Officer is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Foster knowledge and understanding of this policy and its underlying rationale among all firm employees;
- Community outreach and research to ensure that the firm’s diversity and inclusion commitment regularly evolves to reflect best practices;
- Review and monitor the firm’s efforts to enhance diversity and inclusion with an emphasis on recruitment, retention, and advancement of a diverse workforce and superior client service;
- Receive and address workplace issues relating to diversity and inclusion;
- Facilitate opportunities for diversity and inclusion training among all employees; and
- Facilitate the firm’s participation in and support of external diversity and inclusion initiatives among our clients, the legal profession and our surrounding community.