Chicago IL 60606
- Education Law
- K-12 Education
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Union-Related Matters
- J.D., with honors, DePaul University College of Law, 1999 (Order of the Coif)
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1996 (political science)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
Jennifer A. Dunn
Jennifer represents private and public sector management clients in all areas of labor and employment law. She has extensive experience advising clients in traditional labor matters, including representation and unfair labor practice proceedings, grievance arbitrations, collective bargaining negotiations, and mediation. She regularly appears before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, including the National Labor Relations Board, Illinois Labor Relations Board, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and Illinois Department of Human Rights.
She was recently named to the annual “40 Under 40” published by Law Bulletin Publishing which selects and recognizes 40 attorneys under the age of 40 based on nominations by their clients, peers and the legal community.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer was an administrative law judge with the Illinois Labor Relations Board. In that capacity, she investigated and presided over unfair labor practice and representation proceedings, issued recommended decisions and orders and advised the Board on pending court litigation. She also worked as an assistant general counsel for the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 150, where she represented the union in grievance arbitration hearings and in matters pending before the National Labor Relations Board, as well as state and federal courts.
Jennifer is a member of the American (Labor & Employment Section), Illinois State (Labor & Employment Section) and the Chicago Bar Associations.
- President Obama Announces Three Nominees to NLRB
- Arbitrator’s Decision Reinstating Paraprofessional Accorded Significant Deference by Illinois Supreme Court
- NLRB Asserts Jurisdiction over Chicago Nonprofit Corporation that Operates Charter School
- View All »
- Arbitrator Best Practices: From the Advocates' Perspective
- IPLRA Developments
- The Anti-Social Network: Facebook, Smart Phones and Other Social Media in the Workplace
- The Intersection of Labor & Employment: Practicing Before the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
- Multi-Employer Bargaining: Has Its Time Come?
- View All »