NBI Course—School Law: Handling Mental Health Issues
Event Date: 02/01/2019
Mental health issues in schools extend beyond special education classrooms, and each school professional needs to have a clear idea of what the law requires and how to comply with the plethora of regulations and procedures. In this engaging instruction by the National Business Institute (NBI), experienced practitioners including Franczek’s Kathryn Vander Broek share their methods of preventing student neglect and discrimination, and their hard-won resolution approaches.
Kathy presents the first two modules of the course, which serves as a focused school law guide to student mental health to help every student get the best possible education.
- School Legal Obligations Regarding Student Mental Health
- Threats, Violence, Crises, Trauma and Mental Health: How to Prevent and Respond
- Balancing Special Education and Mental Health Concerns
- Mental Health and Student Privacy: What Can be Disclosed?
- Student Suicide and the Law: What Schools Need to Know
- Parents and Mental Health: How Schools Must Communicate
- Disciplining Students With Student Mental Health in Mind