Tax Exempt & Governmental Employers
Our attorneys work with numerous tax-exempt and governmental organizations. We represent small and large non-profit organizations, local governments, and public and private educational institutions. We provide a wide range of planning, drafting, and consulting services focusing on the unique needs of these clients. Our breadth and depth of knowledge in all areas of benefits law includes the following:
- Our experience extends to all areas of the Illinois Pension Code that are unique to public school systems and governmental employers, including the Teachers' Retirement System, the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, downstate fire and police pension funds, and the State Universities' Retirement System.
- Our numerous public school system clients frequently call upon our expertise to draft benefits programs and administrator contracts with practical benefits solutions.
- We also assist clients with the design and administration of 403(b) plans and 457 plans.
- We are able to provide practical legal advice for various benefits issues encountered by human resources and payroll, including transit, tuition, and other fringe benefit programs, COBRA administration, cafeteria plans, and payroll tax matters.
- Finally, we prepare §409A compliant compensation agreements for executives and administrators, including tax-deferred vehicles such as 457(f) plans and other innovative programs.