Where ADA and FMLA Overlap: Leaves, Accommodations and Headaches, Oh My!Franczek Radelet Webinar
November 12, 2015
When managing an employee with a medical condition, the issues involved regularly implicate the FMLA or ADA -- or both. Using interactive case studies, we will address critical FMLA and ADA compliance considerations when dealing with the most difficult employee leave and accommodation scenarios.
In this complimentary webinar, Jeff Nowak (co-chair of Franczek Radelet's labor and employment group and author of the FMLA Insights blog), Matt Morris (Vice President at ComPsych), and Sara Elder (Division Vice President, Fair Employment & Compliance, for Sears Holdings Management Corporation) will highlight the most difficult FMLA/ADA overlap issues employers face and identify practical solutions to help employers stay compliant. Among other topics, Jeff, Matt and Sara will address:
- Requests that implicate the FMLA and ADA and whether leave and/or workplace accommodations are necessary
- Employee requests for a “less stressful position” – is it an FMLA or ADA issue?
- Examine the roles of HR and managers and provide tools and best practices for effective communication during the leave management and accommodation processes
- ADA Intermittent leave!?! Do we have to?
- When discussing “reasonable accommodations,” what does “reasonable” mean? Reasonable to whom?
- The age old question: When FMLA ends, how much additional leave must an employer provide before terminating the employee?