The Rising Tide: Employment Issues in a Down EconomyWorklaw Network and Workplace HR & Safety Magazine
April 16, 2009
The audio conference explores various employment issues to consider in a down economy. Topics include guidelines for reducing liability during workforce reductions: defensible selection criteria, disparate impact issues, effective release agreements, voluntary separation programs, WARN act considerations, employee benefit modifications, OWBPA requirement, and COBRA changes; managing employees during a downturn; considering alternatives to layoffs; and auditing human resources procedures to avoid wage and hour and discrimination complaints.
- Discuss the primary legal risks employers face during a reduction in force.
- Understand practical steps to minimize legal liability.
- Discover alternatives that may exist to avoid future layoffs.
- Explore ideas on how managers can support employees remaining after a reduction in force.
- Understand how to comply with new employer obligations imposed by the American Recovery and Investment Act.
Who Should Attend?
- HR Managers
- HR Directors
- HR Professionals
Click Here to Register