Managing FMLA Red Flags and Staying Ahead of the TrendsFR Webinar
November 13, 2014
After January 7, 2015, we will not be providing HRCI or MCLE credit to viewers of the recording.
The year 2014 has ushered in a host of fascinating developments involving the FMLA. Courts across the country have issued critical decisions on an employee's notice of the need for FMLA leave; whether an employee can affirmatively decline FMLA leave; combating FMLA abuse; and caring for a family member.
In this complimentary webinar, Jeff Nowak, co-chair of our firm's labor and employment group and author of the FMLA Insights blog, and Ellen McCann, Assistant Vice President and Senior Counsel for Unum, will highlight the latest FMLA trends and identify practical solutions to help employers stay compliant. Among other topics, Jeff and Ellen will address:
- Recognizing an employee's need for FMLA leave
- Whether an employer should designate FMLA leave on occasions when an employee does not want FMLA to apply
- How to nab an employee when you are provided Facebook or other social media posts showing them acting inconsistently with their need for FMLA leave
- Handling an employee's request for FMLA leave where the employee will care for a family member while on vacation or during out of state travel
- The latest on managing FMLA intermittent leave