FMLA Made Easy: Effectively Managing Difficult FMLA IssuesFR Webinar
December 6, 2012
Human Resource professionals regularly cite FMLA administration as one of the most frustrating parts of their job. Moreover, intermittent leave is the "single most serious area of friction between employers and employees seeking to use FMLA leave," according to a recent Department of Labor report.
But why must it be so difficult?
In this complimentary webinar, Franczek Radelet partner Jeff Nowak, Matt Morris, Vice President of FMLASource, and Tamika Lynch, Counsel at Siemens Industry, Inc., will tackle some of the most common FMLA conundrums and offer practical advice to employers in addressing these situations. Using real life situations from their own wealth of experience dealing with the FMLA, our presenters will cover topics such as:
- Unique issues when caring for an adult child or a family member
- Responding to inadequate or incomplete medical certification (or one that's never turned in!)
- Recertifications: what employers can ask for when circumstances have changed or the validity of leave is in doubt
- Fluctuating work weeks and its impact on an employee's FMLA allotment
- "Honest Belief/Honest Suspicion" cases: taking action against FMLA abuse
- Managing the second opinion process
- ADA meets the FMLA: what employers should do when an employee's FMLA leave is exhausted and he/she still can't return to work