Investigations 101: Public Eyes, They're Watching YouIPELRA's 2011 Annual Training Conference
October 25, 2011
Amy Moor Gaylord and Chris Johlie present "Investigations 101: Public Eyes, They're Watching You" at the Illinois Public Employer Labor Relations Association (IPELRA)'s 2011 Annual Training Conference. In this highly interactive session, Amy and Chris walk through the basics of conducting an employee investigation, addressing topics such as:
- When should I conduct an investigation?
- Who should be involved?
- Should I have a witness present during employee interviews?
- When do I have to notify the Union?
- Are employees entitled to union representation?
- Are investigation documents subject to disclosure under the FOIA?