Employee or Independent Contractor: The Challenges of Worker Classification - WebinarFranczek Radelet Webinar
April 8, 2010
In this webinar, we identify the issues and address the questions surrounding classification of workers, including:
- Who is an independent contractor?
- How will the Department of Labor's increased budget heighten enforcement?
- What are the 10 most frequent mistakes made when classifying employees and independent contractors?
- What are the consequences and potential exposure for employee misclassification?
- What can be done to avoid exposure?
It is apparent that the Department of Labor is convinced that the number of reported independent contractors, more than 8 percent of the workforce, is inaccurate as a result of employers misclassifying employees. The DOL's increased enforcement means there is an immediate need for employers to ensure their worker classification practices are in compliance.