Chicago IL 60606
- Education Law
- Higher Education
- K-12 Education
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Union-Related Matters
- Public Sector Labor Relations
- J.D., magna cum laude, The John Marshall Law School (Order of John Marshall), 2011
- B.S., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, University of South Carolina, 2006
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois
David G. Weldon
David advises and represents private and public sector employers in all aspects of labor and employment law. He represents employers in grievance arbitrations, unfair labor practice proceedings, union labor petitions, and litigation before state and federal courts. David also counsels clients on employee relations matters, including discipline and discharge, harassment, leaves and accommodation requests, wage and hour, employment contracts, severance agreements, employee handbooks, and personnel policies. He has experience defending employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, the Illinois Human Rights Commission, and the Illinois Department of Labor.
Prior to joining the firm, David worked in the labor and employment practice group at Robbins Schwartz. In that position, David gained significant experience advising and representing primarily public sector employers in a wide variety of labor and employment matters.
While in law school, David was a staff editor and published member of The John Marshall Law Review. He was also the recipient of the Herzog Scholarship for his academic achievement and the Best Oralist award in the Herzog Moot Court Competition.
- Persistence Pays Off: Federal Appeals Court Rejects NLRB’s Bid for Enforcement of Employer Bargaining Order
- Let it Snow: NLRB Continues Flurry of December Activity by Adopting New Arbitration Deferral Standards
- Continuing to Withstand Attack: Indiana Supreme Court Unanimously Upholds Indiana’s Right to Work Law
- View All »