Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, The University of Georgia, 2008 (French and English)
Bar & Court Admissions
Laura E. Knittle
Laura focuses her practice in all areas of education law. She has experience in student discipline and special education, including due process matters, discipline hearings, and the development of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs).
Prior to joining the firm, Laura served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Ruben Castillo of the U.S. District Court of Northern District of Illinois. While at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, she served as president of the Education Law and Policy Society. She was also a staff writer for Loyola Public Interest Law Reporter and a member of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court team. After attending The University of Georgia, Laura participated in Teach for America as a second grade teacher and received the Hickory Grove Elementary School First Year Teacher of the Year 2008-2009 Award.
- Transgender High School Student Prevails in Bathroom Access Case Before Federal Appellate Court Over Illinois
- OCR Complaints – Trends and Predictions
- Appellate Court Determines that Student Handbook is not a Contract
- View All »