Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 2013
- M.S., New York University, 2006
- B.S., Cornell University, 2001 (Industrial and Labor Relations)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Sunghee W. Sohn
Prior to joining the firm, Sunny was a legal intern most notably at the Chicago Board of Education Law Department and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Northern District of Illinois. She was a judicial extern for the Honorable Mary Anne Mason in the Circuit Court of Cook County and the Honorable Young B. Kim in the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to law school, Sunny was a Human Resources professional with experience in immigration, recruitment, compensation and general counseling. Notably, she was Vice President of Human Resources at Citi Cards, a division of Citigroup.
While at Loyola University Chicago School of Law, she was the recipient of a full academic tuition scholarship and the Cooney Conway Fellowship for Advocacy. She was a member of the Loyola Civil Law Mock Trial Team and a legal writing tutor. At NYU, Sunny earned her master’s degree focusing in international relations, business and economics. While at Cornell University, she was a Cornell National Scholar and a Cornell Public Service Fellow.
Sunny is the first alumnus of the Firm’s Legal Education for the Advancement of Diversity and Scholarship (LEADS) Fellowship Program which began in 2011. LEADS is an eight-week summer program designed for diverse first and second year law students with an interest in pursuing a legal career in private practice representing employers in labor and employment matters.
Sunny is fluent in Korean and can understand basic Spanish. She is involved in Loyola’s Civil Law Mock Trial team and a member of the Korean American Bar Association of Chicago. She is also an A-cappella singer, skier, golfer, and food enthusiast.
- Employer Obligations Under the New Payroll Card Law
- Supreme Court Grants Certiorari on a Long-Standing Circuit Split Over Collectively Bargained Retiree Health Care Benefits
- Federal Contractors: Overhauled OFCCP Regulations on Employment Obligations to Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
- View All »