Chicago IL 60606
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Higher Education
- Union-Related Matters
- J.D., cum laude, Washington University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., with distinction, University of Wisconsin, 2007
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Neil S. Goldsmith
Neil works with clients to solve a wide range of labor and employment issues involving collective bargaining, union organizing, and general employment practices. He is experienced in all facets of litigation and has handled employment discrimination, ERISA, and restrictive covenant cases, as well as NLRB and EEOC charges. Neil also represents both public and private sector clients in labor arbitrations.
Prior to joining the firm, Neil was an associate at a boutique firm where he litigated general commercial and labor and employment cases. While in law school, Neil was an intern at the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Missouri, and served as the Assistant Managing Editor of the Washington University Journal of Law and Policy.
Neil also serves on the Jewish United Fund of Metropolitan Chicago’s Young Lawyers Committee and is an active member of the Camp Ramah in Wisconsin Young Alumni Group.
In his spare time, Neil enjoys writing restaurant reviews, playing basketball and golf, cooking, traveling, rooting for the Wisconsin Badgers, and spending time with friends and family.
Class-Based Affirmative Action: Creating a New Model of Diversity in Higher Education, 34 WASH U. J. L. & POL'Y 313 (2010)
- President Obama Proposes Funding Increases for Labor and Employment Agencies in FY2014 Budget
- Fast Food and Retail Workers Strike in Chicago
- NLRB Continues to Expand Specialty Healthcare Bargaining Unit Standard and Upholds Smaller Bargaining Unit Despite Union’s Prior Agreement to Larger Unit
- View All »