Chicago IL 60606
- Education Law
- Higher Education
- Counseling & Governance
- Religious Institutions
- Student Affairs
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- J.D., cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 2010
- B.A., Whitman College, cum laude, 2004 (English, Religion)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Ellen focuses a majority of her practice on representing and counseling higher education institutions in a wide variety of areas, including employment and tenure matters, student affairs, institutional policies, and legal compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Ellen was a staff attorney in the Office of the General Counsel at DePaul University. At DePaul, Ellen assisted with pending and potential litigation, advised on university policies, procedures, and legal compliance, and drafted, reviewed, and negotiated a variety of contracts on behalf of the university. She also served as Interim Director of DePaul Student Legal Services in 2010-2011.
Ellen received a Dean’s Scholarship to attend the University of Michigan Law School, where she earned three Certificates of Merit (awards for the highest grade in a class).
Ellen is a member of the National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA). She is also a member of the Chicago and American Bar Associations.
- Illinois’ New Concealed Carry Law Still Prohibits Firearms On-Campus
- Federal Court Determines that the Fair Housing Act Applies to University Housing
- Amendments to Liquor Control Act Create Safe Harbor for College and University Employees and Students Who Request Police Assistance in Response to Underage Drinking
- View All »