Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., magna cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2007
- M.Ed., University of St. Thomas, 2004
- B.A., Davidson College, 2002 (economics)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District of Columbia
Kendra B. Yoch
Kendra represents educational institutions, including public school districts, charter schools, private schools and higher education institutions, in a variety of education law matters. Kendra counsels clients in the areas of special education, student rights, student discipline, and school board policy and governance. Kendra represents public school districts and charter schools in individual educational program (IEP) meetings, special education due process hearings, and residency and discipline hearings, as well as in federal and state court and before the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, the Illinois State Board of Education, and the Illinois Department of Human Rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Kendra served as an Assistant Attorney General at the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia, where she represented the District of Columbia Public Schools in special education due process hearings and provided guidance on special education matters. Before that, she was an associate at Hogan & Hartson LLP.
While in law school, Kendra served as an executive editor for the Georgetown Law Journal. Prior to attending law school, she taught seventh and eighth grade special education reading and language arts in Houston as a Teach for America Corps Member.
In 2001, Kendra received the Honda Inspiration Award, which honors one female collegiate athlete nationally for overcoming personal adversity. In 2000, she was a member of the United States Paralympic Swimming Team and earned four silver Paralympic medals.
- Illinois Passes Legislation Curbing Out-of-School Disciplinary Practices
- ISBE Releases New Guidance on Medication Administration in Schools
- Department of Education Closes 2014 with Prolific Guidance
- View All »