Chicago IL 60606
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Disability & Leave Management
- Employment Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- J.D., magna cum laude, Indiana University Maurer School of Law, 2008
- B.S., with honors, University of Phoenix, 2005
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
Douglas A. Hass
Doug represents both public and private sector employers in a wide range of collective bargaining, labor relations, and employment matters. He concentrates his practice on litigation, arbitration, and counseling in areas including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour issues, restrictive covenant/non-compete agreements, and labor relations. Doug counsels employers on employment-related immigration, immigration law compliance, and unauthorized employment issues, and defends employers against sanctions and worksite enforcement actions by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE). Additionally, Doug counsels clients on technology-related policies, privacy, and the protection of trade secrets and intellectual property.Prior to joining the firm, Doug worked as an Assistant Regional Counsel for the Social Security Administration where he conducted first- and second-chair proceedings before the Sixth and Seventh Circuits, federal district courts, and various administrative tribunals. Doug was also a judicial clerk for the Honorable Karla R. Spaulding of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida. During law school, he was the Executive Notes & Comments Editor for the Indiana Law Journal and won four national legal writing competitions.
Doug is an associate professor at Ashford University where he teaches employment law, business law, criminal law and procedure, and constitutional law. He is a member of the American (Labor & Employment Section), Illinois State (Labor & Employment Section), and the Chicago Bar Associations. He also founded Roughstock.com, an award-winning country music website.
- "Mental Health Revision Tipped to Cause Rise in Work Claims"
- “Could the American Psychiatric Association Cause You Headaches? The Dangerous Interaction between the DSM-5 and Employment Law”
- “Could the American Psychiatric Association Cause You Headaches? The Dangerous Interaction between the DSM-5 and Employment Law,”
- Enforcement of Worker Classifciation
- "General Counsel's Third Social Media Guidance Memorandum"
- Third Circuit Invalidates President Obama’s Appointment of former NLRB Member Becker; Becomes Second Appellate Court To Rule NLRB Recess Appointments Unconstitutional
- D.C. Court of Appeals Vacates NLRB Notice Posting Rule
- Senate Immigration Proposal Offers Both Exciting Options and More Regulation for Employers
- View All »