Chicago IL 60606
- Disability & Leave Management
- ERISA/Employee Benefits Litigation
- Appellate Litigation
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School, 2008
- B.A., Stanford University, 1996
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois – Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Lindsey M. Marcus
Lindsey M. Marcus is a partner in the Labor & Employment Practice Group at Franczek Radelet P.C.
Lindsey represents both public and private sector employers in a range of employment and labor relations matters. She concentrates her practice on litigation, arbitration, and counseling in areas including discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wage and hour, leave management, benefits and accommodation issues, as well as restrictive covenant/non-compete agreements. She also conducts management and employee training and workplace investigations, and speaks regularly on topics such as the FMLA, ADA accommodations, restrictive covenant agreements, and employment law trends.
Lindsey works with employers to understand their business goals and challenges, and helps them identify and solve their employment-related legal challenges. She counsels clients in numerous industries, including technology, hospitality, health care, manufacturing, retail, non-profit, and education. If litigation is unavoidable, Lindsey is an experienced and zealous advocate and has trial experience in federal and state court, at the agency level, and in arbitration.
In 2017, Lindsey was named an Emerging Lawyer by Law Bulletin Publishing. Lindsey has been recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Employment Litigation and Defense since 2016. She is a graduate of the Leadership Institute Class of 2016 sponsored by the Chicago Bar Association and in 2015, Lindsey received the prestigious Award for Excellence in Pro Bono Service from the Northern District of Illinois and the Federal Bar Association.
Prior to joining the firm, Lindsey was an associate at Winston & Strawn LLP, where she practiced labor and employment law. She also served as a law clerk to the Honorable James B. Moran of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois from 2008 to 2009.
Lindsey serves as the firm’s Community Investment Officer, a role in which she works to identify and coordinate pro bono, civic and charitable activities throughout the firm. She is a member of the Board of Directors of Personal PAC, and when not running after her two young sons, she enjoys cycling, traveling, and studying foreign languages.
Representative Experience click to view
- Obtained summary judgment in ADA discrimination and failure-to-accommodate case against Champaign Community Unit School District #4.
- Prevailed in arbitration of union employee’s discharge after three-day hearing.
- Negotiated extremely favorable settlement for school district of FMLA claims brought by former employee at early stage of her federal lawsuit.
- Won summary judgment in ADA failure-to-accommodate case against Jewel Food Stores brought by former truck driver.
- Obtained summary judgment in sex discrimination case, which was affirmed on appeal, against Joliet Public School District.
- Negotiated extremely favorable settlement of race discrimination and retaliation claims brought against manufacturing company brought in federal lawsuit.
- Obtained a favorable settlement in a collective action FLSA lawsuit against roofing company.
- Regularly advises clients in all aspects of personnel-related matters, including accommodation, evaluation, discipline, and dismissal.
- Think Sexual Harassment Just Happens in Hollywood? Think Again.
- Recent Illinois Developments in Employee Non-Compete and Trade Secret Enforcement Actions: What Every Employer Should Know
- It’s Go Time: Chicago and Cook County Paid Sick Leave Ordinances Come into Effect this Weekend
- View All »