Chicago IL 60606
- Employee Benefits
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Non-Qualified Retirement Plans
- Tax Exempt & Governmental Employers
- Health & Welfare Benefit Plans
- Multi-Employer Plan Issues
- ERISA/Employee Benefits Litigation
- J.D., cum laude, University of Notre Dame Law School, 2006
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Dayton, 2003 (economics)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Daniel R. Salemi
Dan represents clients in all areas of employee benefits and executive compensation. He counsels employers on the design, administration and funding of retirement, health, fringe benefit and deferred and stock-based compensation arrangements. Dan has broad experience with the benefits and compensation issues that arise in litigation and mergers and acquisitions. He advises clients on issues related to the management and investment of benefit plan assets, including in particular the application of ERISA’s fiduciary and prohibited transaction provisions to retirement plan investments. Dan also has significant experience negotiating employment agreements on behalf of executives and groups of executives.
Dan started his career at the firm in August 2006. He then practiced in the employee benefits and executive compensation department at Winston & Strawn LLP for just over two years before rejoining the firm in June 2010. During law school, he was an articles editor for the University of Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics & Public Policy.
Dan has authored or co-authored articles that have been published in Benefits Magazine, Employee Benefit Plan Review, Benefits & Compensation Digest, and The Corporate Executive, and has been quoted in PLANSPONSOR magazine. He also serves on the Fiduciary Responsibility and Plan Investments Subcommittee of the American Bar Association's Employee Benefits Committee.
Dan is a member of the Little City Foundation Junior Board. He also provides pro bono counseling on benefits and compensation matters to a number of nonprofit organizations in Chicago and elsewhere.
- Franczek Radelet Names Daniel R. Salemi Partner
- Correcting Pension Overpayments and Underpayments
- Summary of Selected Guidance Issued by EBSA in the Past Year
- IRS Issues Final Affordable Care Act “Pay or Play” Regulations
- Monthly Benefits Update - December 2013
- How Does the Supreme Court’s DOMA Decision Impact Employers?
- View All »