Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., The University of Virginia School of Law, 2007
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2004 (English, history and French)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Jacqueline F. Wernz
Jackie represents educational institutions, including public school districts, private schools and institutions of higher education, in a variety of general education law matters. Jackie assists clients with policy and governance issues, business matters (including Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act issues), and technology issues. Jackie also represents clients with a wide range of labor and employment matters, including those relating to collective bargaining, staff rights and responsibilities, and discipline and dismissal. With respect to students, Jackie supports clients on topics ranging from disability rights and responsibilities, residency and homelessness, and student constitutional rights and discipline. Jackie regularly represents clients in both state and federal court, in administrative hearings on teacher and student matters, and before the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights and the Illinois State Board of Education.
Jackie attended the University of Virginia School of Law on a Dillard Scholarship, where she was a member of the editorial board for the Virginia Law Review. She is a summa cum laude graduate of the honors program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, the Donaghey Scholars Program.
Jackie was recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Schools & Education for 2012 and 2013. She is co-chair of the Chicago Bar Associations’ Education Committee. She is also a member of the Iranian American Bar Association and the Education Section of the Illinois State Bar Association.
Jackie volunteers in various community interest programs with Franczek Radelet, including leading the firm’s Lawyers in the Classroom Team with the Chicago Public Schools. Jackie is also an active volunteer with the Food For Friends program at Church of Our Saviour Episcopal in Chicago.
Jackie enjoys cooking, traveling and spending time with her husband and son.
- Disabled Substitute Teacher Applicant Raises Some Adequate Claims Against Illinois School District
- Superintendent’s Lawsuit For Improper Discharge Should Have Been Filed in State Court, Federal Court Says
- National Labor Relations Board Finally Weighs in on Social Media Policies
- View All »