Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., The University of Virginia School of Law, 2007
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Arkansas at Little Rock, 2004 (English, history and French)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Jacqueline Gharapour Wernz
Jackie represents educational institutions, including public school districts, private schools and institutions of higher education, in a variety of general education law matters. Jackie assists clients with policy and governance issues, business matters (including Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act issues), and technology issues. Jackie also represents clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters, including those relating to collective bargaining, disability rights and responsibilities, and discipline and dismissal. With respect to students, Jackie supports clients on topics ranging from disability rights and responsibilities, residency and homelessness, and student constitutional rights and discipline. Jackie regularly represents clients in both state and federal court, in administrative hearings on teacher and student matters, and before the Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, the Illinois State Board of Education, the Illinois Department of Human Rights, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Jackie attended the University of Virginia School of Law on a Dillard Scholarship, where she was a member of the editorial board for the Virginia Law Review. She is a summa cum laude graduate of the honors program at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, the Donaghey Scholars Program.
Jackie is recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Schools & Education (2012-2015). She was the co-chair of the Chicago Bar Associations’ Young Lawyer’s Section Education Committee from 2009 through 2014, and is serving as a vice-chair for 2015.
Jackie is an active volunteer in the community. She is a member of the Civic Leadership Council of the Constitutional Rights Foundation Chicago, which operates the popular Lawyers in the Classroom program and other constitutionally focused legal programming in local public schools. Jackie is also an active volunteer with the Food For Friends program at Church of Our Saviour Episcopal in Chicago.
Jackie enjoys cooking, traveling and spending time with her husband, son, and daughter.
- Franczek Radelet Promotes Two Associates to Partner
- Franczek Radelet Attorney Jackie Wernz Provides Chicago Tribune Commentary on One-To-One Programs
- School Districts and Charter Schools Must Address Student Data Privacy Concerns in Contracts
- ISBE Issues Guidance and Forms Regarding Vaccination Religious Exemptions
- New Vaccine Requirement for Illinois Students Creates Confusion
- View All »