Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., DePaul University School of Law, 1978
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1974 (history)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois
Paul A. Millichap
Paul A. Millichap is a founding partner of the firm and a member of the Education Practice Group at Franczek Radelet P.C.
Paul concentrates on the representation of elementary and secondary school districts and special education cooperatives on a wide range of school law matters. Some of these include financial and contractual issues, employment, student rights, real estate, construction and litigation.
Prior to the formation of the firm, Paul was a partner in the law firm of Vedder Price Kaufman & Kammholz, where he was engaged in the practice of education law. He also served as an Illinois assistant attorney general, where he represented the Illinois State Board of Education and the Governor’s Purchased Care Review Board in litigation and general school law matters.
Paul is a member of Illinois Association of School Business Officials, Illinois Council of School Attorneys, Illinois State Bar Association and the National Council of School Attorneys.
Paul has been recognized in both Illinois Super Lawyers and the Leading Lawyers Network.
Representative Experience click to view
- Prepares and files claims for recalculation of State Aid on behalf of more than 100 Illinois school districts in 30 counties receiving in excess of $200 million of additional General State Aid over the past 10 years.
- Advises and counsels school districts concerning all forms of construction, architect, and construction manager agreements; construction litigation and lien claims; real estate matters; bidding issues; and vendor contracts and leases.
- Advises and counsels clients covering general Board of Education governance issues and detailed Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act matters.
- Serves as general counsel (Issuer’s Counsel) on school district bond issuances and lease financings.
- Advises and counsels clients concerning school budgeting and tax levy matters.