Chicago IL 60606
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Union-Related Matters
- Employee Benefits
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1975
- B.A., cum laude, University of Notre Dame, 1972 (economics)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois - Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern Division of Wisconsin
Ronald J. Hein, Jr.
Ron is a founding member of the firm. Throughout his distinguished legal career, Ron has been engaged exclusively in representing management in all aspects of labor and employment law. He represents private sector employers in the manufacturing, service, retail and distribution sectors. His broad based practice within the labor and employment field includes extensive experience in employment-related litigation, general employment matters and union-related issues. He is an experienced trial lawyer who spends a significant portion of his time representing management in litigation matters before state and federal courts and administrative agencies.
Prior to the formation of the firm, Ron was a partner at Wildman Harrold Allen & Dixon (1988–1994), at Matkov Salzman Madoff & Gunn (1985–1987), and at Seyfarth Shaw Fairweather & Geraldson (1975–1985).
Ron is frequently sought out to speak before various employer groups and associations on a variety of workplace topics. Since 2006 Ron has been listed annually in Illinois Super Lawyers. In 2017, Ron was named an Advisory Board Member for Law Bulletin Publishing's Leading and Emerging Lawyers. Ron is a member of the American and Chicago Bar Associations, as well as the Notre Dame Alumni Association.
Representative Experience click to view
- Represents management in the retail grocery, manufacturing, forging and other industries on matters before the National Labor Relations Board, as well as union organizing and union decertification campaigns
- Serves as lead negotiator on behalf of management in contract negotiations with the United Auto Workers, Teamsters, United Food and Commercial Workers, International Association of Machinists and other unions securing favorable contracts for employers with bargaining units ranging from 25 to 2,000 employees
- Has represented management in hundreds of labor arbitrations for the retail grocery, manufacturing, forging and other industries
- Serves as lead counsel in litigation involving alleged employment discrimination, wrongful discharge, and breach of express or implied employment contract, as well as claims related to benefits and the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)
- Represents a major Midwest retail grocer in a class action/collective action lawsuit brought by current and former employees under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Illinois Minimum Wage Law and the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act alleging a failure to pay wages and overtime compensation
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a client in the railway service industry in a Family and Medical Leave Act retaliatory discharge case
- Eleven Franczek Attorneys Named to 2019 Super Lawyers List
- Five Franczek Radelet attorneys named to 2019 Best Lawyers® list