Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., with honors, Loyola University School of Law, 1997
- B.S., summa cum laude, highest distinction, Loyola University of Chicago, 1994 (criminal justice)
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois - Trial Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Southern and Central Districts of Illinois
Shelli L. Anderson
Shelli concentrates exclusively on representing management in both the private and public sectors in all aspects of labor and employment law. She counsels employers and litigates matters relating to discrimination and civil rights claims, wrongful discharge, and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA). Her labor experience includes collective bargaining, arbitrations, union organizing campaigns, and defending unfair labor practice claims. As a trusted counselor for employers, Shelli is frequently called upon by clients to handle difficult and sensitive personnel situations.
Shelli was recognized as an Illinois Super Lawyer in 2013. In 2010, Shelli was named to the annual “40 Under 40” published by Law Bulletin Publishing which selects and recognizes 40 attorneys under the age of 40 based on nominations by their clients, peers and the legal community.
Shelli is frequently asked by professional organizations serving both private and public employers to speak on various labor and employment topics.
Shelli conducts training seminars for employers on a variety of topics including workplace investigations, FLSA compliance, teacher and student boundary issues, bullying, hazing and mandated reporting, and best practices in conducting evaluations.
Shelli is a member of the American and Illinois State Bar Associations, as well as the Illinois School Attorneys Counsel. She is a member of the Board of Directors for the Women’s Network of School Administrators (WNSA), a professional organization formed to support Illinois female school administrators as they ascend into leadership roles.
Representative Experience click to view
- Provides counsel and guidance in all aspects of teacher personnel matters, including evaluation, discipline, and dismissal
- Assists in negotiating of collective bargaining agreements for teacher and support staff contracts on behalf of various school districts
- Advises school districts on reduction in force matters as well as compliance with PERA and Senate Bill 7
- Successfully represented school districts in several high profile tenured teacher dismissal hearings
- Obtained a favorable settlement in a class action FLSA lawsuit
- Governor Quinn Signs Education Reform Legislation
- Supreme Court to Hear Argument in Employee “Sexting” Case
- Seventh Circuit Finds that School District is not Liable for Sexual Harassment by a Former Teacher
- View All »
- Clear and Present Danger and Hazing
- Shedding (Natural) Light on When a Condition is a Disability: Lessons Learned from Eckstrand v. School District of Somerset
- To Accommodate or Not to Accommodate? Answers to the Essential Questions about a Teacher’s Fitness for Duty under the Amended ADA and Regulations
- To Accommodate or Not to Accommodate? Answers to the Essential Questions About a Teacher’s Fitness for Duty Under the Amended ADA & Regulations
- 2012 Employment Law Conference
- View All »