Chicago IL 60606
- Labor & Employment
- Counseling & Compliance
- Employment Litigation
- Union-Related Matters
- Collective Bargaining
- J.D., IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, with honors, 1991
- B.A., Mundelein College, summa cum laude, 1988
Bar & Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth and Seventh Circuits
- United States District Courts for the Northern, Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, including Northern District Trial Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern Division of Wisconsin
Tracey Truesdale is a partner in the Labor and Employment Practice Group at Franczek P.C. Tracey has represented management in labor and employment for more than 25 years. She represents both national Fortune 50 corporations and smaller companies, with clients in the professional services, manufacturing, construction and technology industries.
Tracey has significant experience advising and defending employers on OSHA matters, including post-accident advice and representation of employers in employee fatality and catastrophe investigations, representing employers in negotiations with federal OSHA over OSHA citations and penalties, litigating OSHA complaints before the Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission, and investigating, defending, and litigating employee claims of retaliation under the OSH Act.
Tracey’s employment law practice includes strategic advice to clients in force reduction and other business scenarios; preventive counseling on matters of employee discipline, discharge, and leave issues including FMLA, ADA, Chicago and Cook County paid sick leave as well as other state and local leave laws; and development of personnel policies and employment handbooks. Tracey has served as lead counsel in single and multiple-plaintiff employment discrimination actions; in mediation and arbitration proceedings under FINRA and private ADR; in Sarbanes-Oxley, Dodd-Frank, OSHA 11(c) and other whistleblower actions before OSHA and the U.S. Department of Labor; and in labor arbitration cases involving discipline for fighting, harassment, theft, drug/alcohol use, falsification of records, absenteeism and fraudulent use of approved leave.
Tracey’s traditional labor practice includes advising companies in their collective bargaining strategies; representation of an international steel company in final offer interest arbitration proceedings and other “bet the company” contract interpretation disputes; representation of employers in union organizing and decertification campaigns; defense of unfair labor practice charges; and labor arbitration.
Tracey comes to Franczek with 28 years of experience in private practice. She also has practical human resources experience, having spent a year working in-house at CNA Insurance as Employee Relations Director.
On a pro bono basis, Tracey serves as outside counsel to Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church in Oak Park, where she is a member of the congregation. She is also a member of the Oak Park-River Forest Infant Welfare Society, which provides medical and dental services to low-income families; is a member of the APPLAUSE! performing arts board at Oak Park and River Forest High School; and is a member of the Oak Park River Forest Pony League board.
- "Illinois Enacts Expansive Job Protections for Military Service Members,” SHRM Online, December 10, 2018”
- “Update on Cook County and Chicago Paid-Sick-Leave Laws,” SHRM Online, June 8,2017
- “University Professor Lacks Grounds for Retaliation Claim,” SHRM Online, March 13, 2015
- “Overtime and Tax Consequences of Year-End Bonuses,” SHRM Online, January 14, 2014