Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 2017
- B.A., University of Illinois, 2013 (K-12 Spanish education)
Bar & Court Admissions
John E. Swinney
John E. Swinney is an associate in the Education practice group at Franczek P.C. His practice includes collective bargaining, Title VII, Title IX, special education, student discipline, and general employment matters.
Before graduating from the University of Notre Dame Law School, John was a student representative for the Chicago branch of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, President of the Education Law Forum, and a staff member on the Journal of College and University Law—a law review in cooperation with the National Association of College and University Attorneys dedicated to the law of higher education.
Before joining Franczek, John completed the Firm’s Legal Education for the Advancement of Diversity and Scholarship (LEADS) Fellowship Program in 2015 and 2016. John was also an extern at the Chicago District Office of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Prior to law school, John graduated from the University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana with a Bachelor of Arts in the Teaching of Spanish (K-12). Upon graduation, John was a student teacher at Mahomet-Seymour Community Unit School District 3.
John is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the Illinois Council of School Attorneys.
- NLRB To Propose Rules on Graduate Student Employment Status
- Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act Updates
- February FOIA Roundup
- View All »
- 2019 Legislative Update
- Franczek Attorneys Jackie Wernz and John Swinney Present Legal Lite for New Teachers
- Webinar: Student Data Privacy: 5 Issues Every School Should Know
- Webinar: 5 OCR Changes to Know Before Responding to Your Next Complaint
- Webinar: Legislative Update for Illinois Schools
- View All »