Chicago IL 60606
- J.D., cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
- M.Ed., Lesley University, 2013
- B.A., University of Notre Dame, 2011
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- District of Columbia
Mary E. Deweese
Mary E. Deweese is an associate in the Education Law Practice Group at Franczek Radelet P.C. Her practice includes special education, student discipline, Title IX, and employment matters.
Mary started at the firm in July of 2017 after completing a legal fellowship in the Office of General Counsel for the National Education Association.
Before graduating from Georgetown University Law Center, Mary participated in the Juvenile Justice Clinic and interned at the Department of Education in the Office of General Counsel. She served as executive editor on the Georgetown Journal on Poverty Law and Policy and was on the leadership board of Georgetown Youth Advocacy. Mary worked as a law clerk at the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights, where she gained experience with the Americans with Disabilities Act. She also worked as a summer associate at a Baltimore law firm doing general civil and criminal litigation. Prior to law school, Mary was an elementary school teacher in Washington, DC.
- 2018 Springfield Legislative Update: Summary of New Legislation & Pending Bills
- Ashley’s Law Allows Medical Cannabis in Illinois Schools
- Public Officials Cannot Block Critics on Social Media
- View All »